US Canada Tax and International Tax Consultant

CPA firm specializing in US Taxes, Canadian Taxes and International Taxes. Our offices are located in Wilmington, Delaware and Toronto, Canada. Our services include but are not limited to international tax consultations regarding individuals or entities operating in more than one country,


US Taxes - US Citizens Living Abroad

US Citizens are required to file a federal income tax return whether they are living inside or outside the United States. The deadline to file an income tax return is June 15 if the Taxpayer is living outside the United States.


Canadian Corporations Providing Services in the US

Canadian Corporations Providing Services in the United States must file Foreign Corporate Tax Return or Form 1120F. Form 1120F is due on June 15 and must be prepared based on calendar year end.

Canadian Corporations are normally in a good position to save thousands of dollars in social security taxes if the entire tax situation is handled correctly.


US Taxes - International and Nonresident Taxes

Nonresidents who own rental properties in the United States must file an income tax return. For these types of returns, due date to file the return is June 15.

Nonresidents who wish to file an income tax return must obtain Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). For more information, please call us.


Internal Revenue Service issues an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number  (ITIN ) to individuals who are not eligible to obtain social security number.   ITIN is a tax processing number.

You may want to apply for an ITIN if one of the following condition exists:

  • you need to file income tax return with the IRS;
  • you need to be claimed as a dependent on the income tax return;
  • you have been asked to fill out Form W-8 BEN;

An ITIN does not give you authority to work in the United States or provide eligibility for Social Security Benefits or the Earned Income Tax Credit. ITINs are solely for foreign tax reporting and are not intended for any other purpose.

How do I Apply for an ITIN

Normally, you apply for an ITIN at the time when you are filing your income tax return.  You are required to fill out Form W-7 and attach to the front of the return along with original, notarized or certified proof of identity and foreign status documents. 

If you live within the United States, notarized copy of the passport is acceptable by the IRS.  On the other hand, if you live outside the United States, notarized copy of the passport may not be acceptable.  For example, if you live in Canada, notarized copy of the passport is not acceptable by the IRS.  To obtain certified copy of the passport, you can either engage services of an IRS Certifying Acceptance Agent or visit any Canadian passport office and request certified copies of the passport.  Canadian passport offices provide this service free of charge.

 In  cases where you need to apply for an ITIN prior to filing your income tax return, you must meet one of the exceptions.  If this is the case, then you need to submit the following:

  • Form W-7;
  • original, notarized or certified proof of identity and foreign status documents;
  • a letter from the entity who is asking you to obtain ITIN number. 

The entire procedure takes approximately six to eight weeks. 

We are IRS Certifying Acceptance Agent, kindly contact us for more information.     

US-Canada Tax Experts , 1201 N. Orange St. Suite 7040, Willmington, DE 19801
Phone: (800) 269-0183 | Email:
Login   Search   Site Map   Privacy Policy   Disclaimer   
© US-Canada Tax Experts 2021

Get In Touch

Client Portal Login

Subscribe to our Newsletter