US Canada Tax and International Tax Consultant

CPA firm specializing in US Taxes, Canadian Taxes and International Taxes. Our offices are located in Wilmington, Delaware and Toronto, Canada. Our services include but are not limited to international tax consultations regarding individuals or entities operating in more than one country,


US Taxes - US Citizens Living Abroad

US Citizens are required to file a federal income tax return whether they are living inside or outside the United States. The deadline to file an income tax return is June 15 if the Taxpayer is living outside the United States.


Canadian Corporations Providing Services in the US

Canadian Corporations Providing Services in the United States must file Foreign Corporate Tax Return or Form 1120F. Form 1120F is due on June 15 and must be prepared based on calendar year end.

Canadian Corporations are normally in a good position to save thousands of dollars in social security taxes if the entire tax situation is handled correctly.


US Taxes - International and Nonresident Taxes

Nonresidents who own rental properties in the United States must file an income tax return. For these types of returns, due date to file the return is June 15.

Nonresidents who wish to file an income tax return must obtain Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). For more information, please call us.


For services rendered in Canada, any payment received is subject to a 15% tax withholding, which must be remitted to the person making the payment. This withholding is a payment on account of the corporation`s potential tax liability to Canada. To pay any balance owing or to obtain a refund of any overpaid amounts, the corporation must file a T2 return with the CRA.

Failure to File

A non-resident corporation will be subject to a failure to file penalty equal to the greater of

  • $100 and;

  • $25 for each complete day that the return is late, up to a maximum of 100 days.

This penalty applies if the amount calculated is more than the amount of penalty usually applied under subsection 162(1) and (2).


US corporations who are nonresidents in Canada and are carrying on business in Canada must register for GST/HST purposes if they make taxable supplies in Canada.

US-Canada Tax Experts , 1201 N. Orange St. Suite 7040, Willmington, DE 19801
Phone: (800) 269-0183 | Email:
Login   Search   Site Map   Privacy Policy   Disclaimer   
© US-Canada Tax Experts 2021

Get In Touch

Client Portal Login

Subscribe to our Newsletter