US Canada Tax and International Tax Consultant

CPA firm specializing in US Taxes, Canadian Taxes and International Taxes. Our offices are located in Wilmington, Delaware and Toronto, Canada. Our services include but are not limited to international tax consultations regarding individuals or entities operating in more than one country,


US Taxes - US Citizens Living Abroad

US Citizens are required to file a federal income tax return whether they are living inside or outside the United States. The deadline to file an income tax return is June 15 if the Taxpayer is living outside the United States.


Canadian Corporations Providing Services in the US

Canadian Corporations Providing Services in the United States must file Foreign Corporate Tax Return or Form 1120F. Form 1120F is due on June 15 and must be prepared based on calendar year end.

Canadian Corporations are normally in a good position to save thousands of dollars in social security taxes if the entire tax situation is handled correctly.


US Taxes - International and Nonresident Taxes

Nonresidents who own rental properties in the United States must file an income tax return. For these types of returns, due date to file the return is June 15.

Nonresidents who wish to file an income tax return must obtain Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). For more information, please call us.


Canadian Tax Returns - Personal Tax Return

In Canada, Taxpayer files return based on residency and not citizenship.  This means if the Taxpayer has established significant residential ties in Canada, then the Taxpayer must file tax return in Canada.  Residential ties include where your spouse or common-law partner or dependants reside, maintain principal residence (owned or leased), drivers license, territorial hospitalization etc.    

Canadian citizens are not required to file an income tax return in Canada if they are living outside Canada. 

Who should file Canadian Tax Return?

You should file a Canadian Tax Return, if...

  • You lived in Canada during the year and have earned income or sold shares in Canada;
  • You received a T4slip or T4A-NR;
  • CRA sent you a request to file a return;
  • You want to receive Child Tax Benefit;
  • You are in receipt of old age security pension benefits;
  • Your spouse is electing to split pension income for the year;
  • You sold real estate in Canada;
  • You have not paid back all the amounts withdrawn from RRSP under the Home Buyer's Plan;

Due Date

Canadian personal tax return must be filed by April 30 of the following year.  For example, 2009 tax return must be filed on or before April 30, 2010.  No extensions are available in Canada.

Self-Employed Individuals

Individuals with self-employment income have until June 15 to file the tax return.  Even though individuals are granted one and a half month extension to file their tax return, all the tax liabilities must be paid by April 30.

US-Canada Tax Experts , 1201 N. Orange St. Suite 7040, Willmington, DE 19801
Phone: (800) 269-0183 | Email:
Login   Search   Site Map   Privacy Policy   Disclaimer   
© US-Canada Tax Experts 2021

Get In Touch

Client Portal Login

Subscribe to our Newsletter