US Canada Tax and International Tax Consultant

CPA firm specializing in US Taxes, Canadian Taxes and International Taxes. Our offices are located in Wilmington, Delaware and Toronto, Canada. Our services include but are not limited to international tax consultations regarding individuals or entities operating in more than one country,


US Taxes - US Citizens Living Abroad

US Citizens are required to file a federal income tax return whether they are living inside or outside the United States. The deadline to file an income tax return is June 15 if the Taxpayer is living outside the United States.


Canadian Corporations Providing Services in the US

Canadian Corporations Providing Services in the United States must file Foreign Corporate Tax Return or Form 1120F. Form 1120F is due on June 15 and must be prepared based on calendar year end.

Canadian Corporations are normally in a good position to save thousands of dollars in social security taxes if the entire tax situation is handled correctly.


US Taxes - International and Nonresident Taxes

Nonresidents who own rental properties in the United States must file an income tax return. For these types of returns, due date to file the return is June 15.

Nonresidents who wish to file an income tax return must obtain Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). For more information, please call us.


Canadian Corporations

Resident Corporation

All corporations must file tax return in Canada each year even if there is no taxes owing. 

Non-resident Corporations   

A non-resident corporation must file a Corporate tax return in Canada, if...

  • the entity  was operating in Canada;
  • it had a taxable capital gain;
  • it sold taxable Canadian property;
  • it has filed NR6.

Services Rendered in Canada (Withholding Amount)

Non-resident corporation is subject to a 15% withholding paid to it for services provided in Canada.  This withholding is held on account in anticipation of potential tax liabilities that the corporation may owe in Canada.

Disposition of Taxable Canadian Property (Certificate of Compliance)

If a non-resident corporation disposes of taxable Canadian property, then the entity must obtain Certificate of Compliance from the CRA.

Due Date

Corporation must file tax return within six months after the end of the fiscal year end.  For example if the fiscal year ends on December 31, then the deadline to file the return is June 30.

What happens if the return is late?

If the return is filed late, then the penalty is 5% of the taxes owing as of the filing date, plus 1% of this unpaid tax for each month, up to a maximum of 12 months.  Penalties could be higher if CRA issued a demand to file the return under subsection 150(2).

Non-resident Corporations

Non-resident corporation's late filing penalty is:

greater of

  • $100; and
  • $25 for each day, up to a maximum of 100 days.

US-Canada Tax Experts , 1201 N. Orange St. Suite 7040, Willmington, DE 19801
Phone: (800) 269-0183 | Email:
Login   Search   Site Map   Privacy Policy   Disclaimer   
© US-Canada Tax Experts 2021

Get In Touch

Client Portal Login

Subscribe to our Newsletter